Stainless Steel Desiccator Care and Use
When first receiving your stainless steel desiccator cabinet, there are some first steps you should take before use:
- Check all screws to be sure they have not loosened during shipping.
- The back wall screws should be snug enough to hold the wall securely, but gasketing the material should not be completely flattened.
- Next, you should verify that all the accessories are included, per the description on the purchase order. Contact TDI Customer Service (520-799-8000) immediately should there be any discrepancies.
Please use the following guidelines when preparing your desiccator cabinet for use:
- Do not store in direct sunlight.
- Choose a location with easy accessibility so doors will not be hitting other objects.
- Check doors for proper alignment. Doors usually require re-alignment as a result of movement during shipping. Re-align doors per the following:
- Loosen hinge screws on the door to be adjusted and shift gently up or down until latch is properly aligned.
- Tighten screws gently but securely (power screwdrivers are not recommended.)
- Clean your desiccator with a clean soft cloth dampened with water, applying only light pressure. When cleaning cabinets with grounding tape on them; avoid wetting the tape.
- If you purchased a desiccator with the grounding package, a grounding wire has been provided at the back of the cabinet for your convenience.
WARNING! – Do NOT use window cleaning sprays or solvents such as acetone, benzene, carbon tetrachloride or lacquer thinner to clean your desiccator.
Stainless steel desiccators provide clean, high-density storage for both clean room and assembly applications. Compared to acrylic desiccators, stainless steel provides maximum weight capacity and long-term durability.
We construct our Multi-Chamber desiccators with Ultra Nitro-Flow compartment flow through, which achieve a single pressure and atmosphere condition throughout the cabinet. This unique design allows maximum gas flow as well as a single bleeder valve per cabinet.