Standard Acrylic Desiccator Cabinet Models, Features & Options
Acrylic Desiccator Standard Features:
- 1/4″ Clear Acrylic Material (Non-Out-Gassing)
- Heavy Duty Construction
- Ultra Nitro-Flow with Notched Compartment Walls and Floors
- Electropolished Stainless Steel Continuous Door Hinge
- Spring loaded Door Latches
- Removable Back Plenum Wall
- Recessed Close Cell Neoprene Door Gaskets
- Heavy Duty Stands
- 1 Year Structural and Mechanical Warranty
- Continuous in-line nitrogen (N2) Required
Static Dissipative Acrylic Desiccator Features:
- 1/4″ ESD Safe Static Dissipative Acrylic (Non-Out-Gassing)
- Prevents build-up of static charge and accumulation of harmful contamination.
- Electrostatic decay in less than 0.05 seconds per federal test standard 101C, method 4046.1
- Surface resistivity 106-108 Ohms / sq.
- Stainless steel plates provide full conductive grounding and protect acrylic from surface abrasion.
- Grounding wire connects from hinge to hard ground. All racks, shelves, plates, latches, and hinges connect to this common ground.
- Static dissipative removable back plenum wall.
Selecting Your Desiccator Model
- The desiccator selection process involves building the desiccator around the contents to maximize storage capacity.
- The storage contents dimensions [width / depth / height], weight, and quantity should be calculated.
- This information will assist in the selection of the model and dimensions for storage. (Add 1 inch to the depth for desiccators with a plenum chamber).
Shelf Maximum Weight Capacity:
Perforated Stainless Steel Shelves – 40 lbs. Capacity
1/4″ Solid Acrylic Shelves – 25 lbs. Capacity
3/8″ Solid Acrylic Shelves – 40 lbs. Capacity
Choose a Model to Request a Price Quote
Or view desiccator diagrams side by side for a more visual comparison. Let us know in the comments if UV Amber Acrylic is required.
|160D||160SD||2||16″W x 16″D x 16″H||14-1/2″W x 13-1/2″D x 7″H||14″W x 13″D||2-3/8|
|161D||161SD||1||16″W x 16″D x 16″H||14-1/2″W x 13-1/2″D x 15″H||14″W x 13″D||2-3/8|
|180D||180SD||2||18″W x 18″D x 18″H||16-1/2″W x 15-1/2″D x 8″H||16″W x 15″D||3-3/8|
|182D||182SD||2||24″W x 18″D x 24″H||22″W x 15-1/2″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 14-3/4″D||6|
|240D||240SD||2||24″W x 24″D x 24″H||22″W x 22″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 20″D||8|
|183D||183SD||3||18″W x 18″D x 36″H||16-1/2″W x 15-1/2″D x 11″H||16″W x 15″D||6-3/4|
|236D||236SD||3||24″W x 18″D x 36″H||22″W x 15-1/2″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 14-3/4″D||9|
|243D||243SD||3||24″W x 24″D x 36″H||22″W x 22″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 20″D||12|
|162D||162SD||4||16″W x 16″D x 32″H||14-1/2″W x 13-1/2″D x 7″H||14″W x 13″D||4-3/4|
|248D||248SD||4||24″W x 18″D x 48″H||22″W x 15-1/2″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 14-3/4″D||12|
|2444D||2444SD||4||24″W x 24″D x 48″H||22″W x 22″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 20″D||16|
|2446D||2446SD||5||24″W x 24″D x 60″H||22″W x 22″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 20″D||20|
|488D||488SD||6||48″W x 18″D x 36″H||22″W x 15-1/2″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 14-3/4″D||18|
|484D||484SD||8||48″W x 24″D x 48″H||22″W x 22″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 20″D||32|
|486D||486SD||10||48″W x 24″D x 60″H||22″W x 22″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 20″D||40|
|4872D||4872SD||12||48″W x 24″D x 72″H||22″W x 22″D x 11″H||21-1/2″W x 20″D||48|
Knowing the Difference between Clear and Static Dissipative Acrylic
Clear Acrylic Desiccator cabinet models (D) are recommended for non electro-static discharge (ESD) sensitive storage applications. Often these acrylic desiccators are utilized in cleanroom storage of wafers, reticles, photomasks, and other contents less susceptible to ESD discharge events.
Although acrylic desiccators may attain a highly charged condition, it can be mitigated with the proper precautions. Cleanrooms maintain 45/55% relative humidity control, which provides a layer of moisture on exposed surfaces, and this conductive layer facilitates discharging the static electricity to ground. TDI recommends that acrylic desiccators include our grounding feature to accelerate these discharges.
Static Dissipative Acrylic Desiccator cabinet models (SD) provide complete electro-static discharge protection for ESD sensitive cleanroom and assembly component storage. The static dissipative acrylic material offers a surface resistivity of 106-108 Ohms/sq. and these desiccators cannot be tribocharged when properly grounded.
Static dissipative acrylic desiccators offer stainless steel shelves only, along with stainless steel shelf racks and plates, which are all common grounded to the desiccator and wire connected to hard ground. Grounding is used to provide static control to the desiccator and its contents. Stainless steel plates are recommended to enhance grounding. They also protect from surface abrasion when the floor of each compartment is utilized as a shelf. Plates are mounted directly to each compartment floor.
Stainless steel desiccators provide clean, high-density storage for both cleanroom and assembly applications. Compared to acrylic desiccators, stainless steel provides maximum weight capacity and long-term durability. Constructed of conductive stainless steel and wire grounding for ESD protection is available. Stainless desiccators meet stricter insurance requirements as well as providing part storage privacy. These desiccator cabinet models come in 2 or 3 stack single chambers in a specially designed stand or multiple chamber cabinets. The doors are made of static dissipative acrylic or tempered glass, depending on your requirements.
Links to more useful information:
- Desiccator Standard Options
- Ultra Nitro-Flow – Even Gas Distribution System
- Acrylic Care & Use
- Acrylic Cleanroom Properties
- Acrylic Chemical Resistance Chart