Static Dissipative Acrylic Data Sheet – ESD/Cleanroom Properties
TDI Static Dissipative Desiccators & Gloveboxes
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Cannot be tribocharged when properly grounded.
- Prevents build-up of static charge and accumulation of harmful contamination.
- Electrostatic decay in less than 0.05 second per Federal Test Standard 101C, Method 4046.1*. Results in rapid static dissipation without arcing.
- The surface resistivity of 106 – 108 ohms per square. Provides ESD control in a wide range of applications.
- Permanence in static dissipation performance. Avoids high maintenance cost of periodic application of temporary topical anti-stats.
- Amine free, humidity independent and does not outgas under normal operating conditions.
- Excellent optical properties. C-300 surface provides excellent clarity for optimum use of available light.
- Superior chemical resistance. Reduces risk of solvent and chemical damage to the static dissipative surface.
- Acrylic plastic is a combustive thermoplastic. Avoid exposure to flame and excessive heat. Observe fire precautions appropriate for comparable forms of wood and paper.
- Clean with soap and water. Do not use abrasives. Avoid inappropriate contact with solvents.
|Static Dissipative Acrylic for ESD and Cleanroom Applications
Typical Physical Properties (Typical but not Guaranteed for 0.25-inch Material)
|PROPERTY||TEST METHOD||UNITS||AC-300 ACRYLIC|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D-792||–||1.19|
|Pencil Hardness||ASTM D-3363||Hardness Scale||5H|
|Tensile Modulus||ASTM D-638||psi||400,000|
|Flexural Strength||ASTM D-790||psi||16,500|
|Flexural Modulus||ASTM D-790||psi||475,000|
|Compressive Strength||ASTM D-695||psi||18,000|
|Izod Impact Strength||ASTM D-256||ft-lb/inch of notch||0.4|
|Deflection Temperature (264 psi Load)||ASTM D-648||F||205|
|Vicat Softening Point||ASTM D1525||F||239|
|Maximum Continuous Service Temperature||–||F||170|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||ASTM D-696||in/in/F||4.0 x 10|
|Coefficient of Thermal Conductivity||Cenco-Fitch||BTU/hr-fz F/in||1.3|
|Horizontal Burn (Flame Spread)||ASTM D-635||in/min||1.1|
|UL Rating||UL Classification||UL94||94HB|
|3mm Transparent Clear
Transmittance – Total
|Surface Resistivity||ASTM D-257||ohms/sq.||106-108|
|Electrostatic Decay||FTS 101C, Method 4046.1||sec||Less than 0.05|
Federal Test Standard 101C, Method 4046.1 as described in EIA-541, Appendix F, Measurement of Electrostatic Decay Properties of Dissipative Planar Materials.
|Chemical Resistance ASTM D-543
(Samples immersed in the specified chemicals for 24 hours at room temperature and visually examined.)
|CHEMICAL||SURFACE ATTACK||VISUAL EVALUATION|
|30% Sodium Hydroxide||None||Clear|
|30% Sulfuric Acid||None||Clear|
|30% Nitric Acid||Slight Pitting||Clear|
|48% Hydrofluoric Acid||Severe Attack||White, Rubbery|
|Methylene Chloride||Sample Dissolved||Sample Dissolved|