- All screws should be checked to be sure they have not loosened during shipping. Back wall screws should be snug enough to hold the wall securely, but gasketing material should not be completely flattened.
- Verify that all accessories are included, per the description on the purchase order(s). Contact TDI Customer Service (520-799-8000) immediately should there be any discrepancies.
- Please use the following guidelines when preparing your desiccator for use.
- Do not store in direct sunlight.
- If desiccator is going to sit on a table, be sure the table is sturdy enough to support the desiccator when fully loaded with parts.
- Choose a location with easy accessibility so doors will not be hitting other objects.
- Check doors for proper alignment. Doors usually require re-alignment as a result of movement during shipping.
- Re-align doors per the following:
- Loosen hinge screws on door to be adjusted and shift gently up or down until latch is properly aligned.
- Tighten screws gently, but securely (power screwdrivers are not recommended).
- Door latches may require periodic adjustments since they can become too loose or too tight to operate.
- If you purchased a desiccator with the grounding package; a grounding wire has been provided for your convenience. Simply remove the second screw up from the bottom of the hinge on the left side of the cabinet and attach one end of the wire. Replace the screw and attach the other end to hard ground.
Clean your desiccator with a mild soap or detergent and plenty of lukewarm water. Use a clean soft cloth, applying only light pressure. Rinse with clear water and dry by blotting with a damp cloth or chamois. When cleaning desiccators with grounding tape on them; avoid wetting the tape.
WARNING! – DO NOT USE WINDOW CLEANING SPRAYS OR SOLVENTS SUCH AS ACETONE, BENZENE, CARBON TETRACHLORIDE, LACQUER THINNER OR ALCOHOL